Recipes

Book Two Recipe: Coconut and Raspberry Mousse

01:00

← Previous Article Next Article → Deliciously Ella / Recipes / Sweet Treats / Book Two Recipe: Coconut and Raspberry Mousse Book Two Recipe: Coconut and Raspberry Mousse Book Two Recipe: Coconut and Raspberry Mousse Ingredients View the Method

  • 100g coconut cream

  • 1 ripe avocado

  • 1 vanilla pod

  • 3 tablespoons of almond butter

  • 450g raspberries, plus a few more to serve

  • 2 tablespoons honey, plus a drizzle to serve

Chop the block of coconut cream into quarters. Scoop the avocado flesh out of the skin and discard the stone. Scrape the vanilla seeds out of the pod.

Place all the ingredients into a food processer and blend until a smooth, rich mousse forms.

Spoon it into 6 glasses and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set before serving, with more raspberries and a drizzle of honey, if you like.

This is a little preview of the sweets chapter from my new book! It’s all about easy, delicious treats that you can throw together quickly. This mousse is the perfect option if you need a five-minute dessert for friends. They really only take that long to make, but the end result is so delicious that you’ll delight everyone at the table! The mix of coconut, almond butter and avocado means the mousse is rich and creamy, while the raspberries add a subtle sharpness that the honey and vanilla balance out perfectly. I love serving these in little glasses with extra raspberries and a drizzling of honey on top, it makes them look and taste beautiful.

← Previous Article Share    Next Article →
  • Saffie

    Hi Ella,
    These looks absolutely delicious, really looking forward to trying them out. I know in this recipe you use a vanilla pod, but in your new book I notice you use vanilla powder in quite a few recipes and I wanted to ask where I can buy vanilla powder? Would it be possible to use the powder in this recipe instead of the pod? Many thanks, Saffie x

    • ellawoodward

      Yes vanilla powder works well in this recipe too! You can find it in most health food stores or online on Amazon. Hope you love it x

  • AnnieH

    Hi Ella, can’t wait to try this recipe! Can I ask what brand of coconut cream you use? I’ve never tried the blocks as usually just buy coconut cream in a can so not sure what to go for! Thanks : ) xx

    • ellawoodward

      The biona one is great but all the brands I’ve found seem to use all natural ingredients. You can find it in the Asian section of most supermarkets! X

  • Dianne

    Hi Ella. I made the last recipe you posted. Love it. Will try this also. What is coconut cream? Is that from the can of coconut milk? Can i ask 400g, to be converted? Looking forward to buying your 2nd book in Canada.

    • ellawoodward

      The coconut cream usually comes in a solid white block which you can buy from most health food stores or even the Asian section of most supermarkets! Sadly I don’t have the conversions of 400g but I imagine you can find out online. Hope you love it x

  • http://www.mrandmrsblogs.co.uk Mr and Mrs Blogs

    It sounds delicious- can’t wait to try it (and buy the book)!
    I’ve just come across what I think is an amazing product, that might be of interest to you, or your readers- it’s a super pure Omega3 fish oil ‘Lion Heart Oil’, by the company Bare Biology (I have no links to them at all!)
    I’ve done a review on my blog (and have put all the family onto it):
    http://Www.mrandmrsblogs.co.uk

  • Helena WvG

    What can I use instead of the coconut cream?

    • ellawoodward

      Sadly I haven’t tried replacing it with anything else before so it’s difficult for me to advise. Perhaps you could try the solid part of the coconut milk from a tin. Hope it still tastes delicious! X

      • Helena WvG

        Thank you! I will try it! I love your recipes because they always remind me that being healthy doesn’t mean that you have to make sacrifices!

  • http://www.cultivatebeauty.com.au/ Amy

    That’s such a great idea with the almond butter! :)

  • Marlis Egger

    How can I substitute the block of coconut cream? I can’t find it here in Switzerland.

    • ellawoodward

      You should be able to find it in health food stores or in the Asian section of most supermarkets. Sadly I haven’t tried replacing it with anything else before so it’s difficult for me to advise. Perhaps you could try the solid part of the coconut milk from a tin. Hope it tastes delicious! X

  • http://win-winfood.com/ WIN-WIN FOOD

    Oh wow! Raspberries and coconut sound like a wonderful combo <3 And I love how simple the recipe is!!!

  • http://www.calmer-you.com Chloe Brotheridge – Calmer You

    Definitely trying out this recipe. It’s so amazing to be able to make stuff this good thats also healthy, esp for people like me who have autoimmune disease and have to keep to a strict diet, and often feel like we’re missing out… But not anymore! Thanks Ella xx

    • ellawoodward

      Totally agree! Hope you enjoy this recipe x

  • http://ameliarosel.blogspot.co.uk/ AmeliaRoseL

    I love the ingredients you’ve used in this – I bet the end result is SO creamy and delicious. Can’t wait to try it :)

    Nourishing Amelia | Food, Health and Lifestyle Blogger

    xxx

  • ellawoodward

    So happy you’re loving them! X

  • ellawoodward

    Hi Lisa, thanks so much for passing this on, I will get this changed immediately! Really hope you and your husband love each recipe you try and feel so much better with them too! Have a lovely day, Ella x

  • Anna Levonen

    Whoah this looks and sound so good! I visited The Mae Deli, had the chocolate drink and mango flapjack for snack and I loved them. And the staff was super nice, felt really welcome there and I will definitely come back soon!

    • ellawoodward

      So awesome to hear, thanks so much Anna! Hope you come back and visit us again soon :)

  • Nicole Piringer

    Very yummy! I used all the ingredients, also the coconut cream and not coconut water, but it looks totally raspberry red and nothing at all like at the picture! Dosen’t matter, but it’s strange ^-^

    • ellawoodward

      Maybe your raspberries were particularly red! Hope you loved it anyway x

  • Angela

    Hi Ella – do you mean creamed coconut? I’ve just bought coconut cream and it is liquid? (Got both of your books – love them)

  • Sara

    Hi Ella,

    Love your recipes and my dream is to come to London and visit the deli one day! Quick question – the recipe instructions say to use 100g coconut cream, but one Biona coconut cream bar is actually 200g and in the video you posted for this recipe to your youtube channel you seem to use the whole thing (it’s not very clear in the video but it looks like you put it all in the blender). So I was wondering how much the recipe calls for – half or a whole bar of coconut cream? Thanks!

    • ellawoodward

      Hi Sara, glad you are enjoying the recipes. Sorry if that is unclear in the video. Follow the recipe and use 100g x

  • Helen Smith

    This dessert is lovely. We had it today after dinner with my parents and all loved it. I made it with a 250g pot of coconut yogurt as that’s what I had and was fresh, light and creamy. Thank you for the fabulous recipes Ella :-)

    • AnnieH

      Hi Helen, did you use vanilla coconut yoghurt or just plain? Sounds delicious!

  • lynn Curzon-Hepworth

    Where would you find creamed coconut as a bar, as I can’t seem to find it in any of my supermarkets?
    I have a birthday this month and I have put your books on my list of ideas, for those that are asking :-)

    • ellawoodward

      Hi Lynn, I get mine from Biona x

  • Marlis Egger

    Oh, Chrisi: thank you so much. I will certainly try this :-)

  • ellawoodward

    No I just try and use one that is made of 100% almonds, no additives x

  • ellawoodward

    Hi Ruby, I am so sorry but unfortunately you can’t. Glad you love the recipe though! x

You Might Also Like

0 yorum