fashion

Sugarplum Style, Vol. 22

01:46

Cheers to Friday! We made it through our first full week of the New Year, mostly unscathed. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, then you know it was a busier than usual week for us! I can't wait to share more about that dream collaboration and the makeover behind it.
Now it's time for another Sugarplum Style...snapshots of my everyday outfits, created by mixing-and-matching items in my closet. And thanks to the holiday break and endless food family gatherings, it's a pretty casual, elastic-filled round-up. But get ready, it's been awhile since I've done one of these, so this round is super-sized!
My favorite leggings have officially overtaken jeans, and I found myself reaching for them daily. They are thick, stay in place on your waist, don't sag or lose their shape, and are the perfect blend of stretch and structure. I've washed them countless times in the last few months, and they haven't shrunk, pilled or faded. Have I justified their almost-daily appearance yet?!
Fit Tip: They run true-to-size for me, and I'm wearing an XS.
Several things that require noting about this outfit...1) I'm wearing my fave leggings again bc thanks to the holiday all-you-can shovel buffet, none of my pants button comfortably. B) This pea coat makes every outfit immediately more chic & pulled togethPlaid Boyfriend Tunic | Favorite Leggings | Boots | Peacoat
The peacoat in that last picture generated so many questions, I posted this the next day for a better look. Again with the leggings. I'm convinced the coat the steal of the season...currently on sale for just $28, it's well-made, classic, and so chic. And oh yeah, warm. The black one is already on the way to me, too.
Fit tip: Runs small...size up one, or two if you wear a lot of bulky sweaters.
Lots of questions & hub-bub about this coat, so here's the scoop: 1️⃣Its 50% off & only $28 shipped! 2️⃣Excellent quality & fit 3️⃣So chic with almost every outfit 4️⃣Runs small, so size up 5️⃣Comes in 4 great colors (I have two so far!) :swPeacoat | Favorite Leggings | Boots | Striped Wrap Cardi | Plaid Bag
I guess the emergence of Fall leaves made me patriotic?! But I love this color combo...so fresh for any season.
Our trees finally got the Fall memo! 🍂🎄 #sugarplumstyle  www.liketk.it/22nETPlaid Vest | Chambray Shirt | White Jeans | Booties | Bracelet | Watch | Bag
We had a really warm Christmas Eve, so my plan for a cozy red sweater was botched. Instead I jazzed up my favorite plaid (see more of it here) with pearls, and called it festive.
I worked half-day today, so I figured business on top & weekend on bottom was appropriate. Basically my outfit was the equivalent of a mullet. #sugarplumstyle www.liketk.it/23Zdu
Plaid Shirt | Jeans | Booties | Watch | Bracelet | Pearl Cluster Necklace
And then just like that, it was freezing again. For some reason, the colder it gets, the more neutrals I wear. I rectified that by ordering this classic turtleneck sweater in pink, too. I'd scoop up every last color if the darn thing would go on sale again! #obsessed
Headed to my mom's to kick off Christmas week with the first (of many!) family get-togethers. Also known as "Eat until you have to unbutton your pants." #cantwait  #sugarplumstyle  www.liketk.it/22JbaTurtleneck Sweater | Utility Vest (similar) | Jeans | Booties | Plaid Bag
Watch | Bracelet
So much for my Neutrals-in-Winter theory. Since I can't seem to stop wearing leggings, I've had to add a few more longer tunics to the mix...this one comes in tons of fun colors and feels great on. #coverthoseladybitsladies
Fit Tip: runs large, size down...even for wearing over leggings.
For the first time in a week, my outfit doesn't include elastic...felt like it needed documenting. Next hurdle: washing my hair 🙆 (Sidenote: my tunic is 40% off in some colors & long enough for leggings. Runs big, FYI) #sugarplumstyle @liketoknowTunic (more colors here & here) | Jeans | Booties | Bag | Bag Tassel | Watch | Tassel Bracelet
Remember those parties I talked about hosting yesterday? I wore this get-up for one of them. Between today's post and this one, I think we've pretty well covered how I wear this plaid shirt.
Cheers to Friday night! Ready to welcome friends over for our first big party in the new house & feeling so unbelievably grateful. 🎄✨🍷🏡 #sugarplumstyle  www.liketk.it/22D2APlaid Shirt | Black Skirt (similar) | Leopard Pumps | Pearl Cluster Necklace
Ring | Gold-Rimmed Wine Glass
And then it was back to work...I lessened the blow with some leopard and plaid. I styled this outfit a few ways and will be sharing more soon, so snatch up the key pieces if it's your jam!
Workday Scheming // Hoping this plaid + leopard combo takes the sting out of Monday. #sugarplumstyle @liketoknow.it www.liketk.it/25yJu #liketkit #solesocietySwing Dress | Plaid Shoes | Satchel Bag | Leopard Scarf
Favorite Tights | Cardigan
My standard uniform for this time of year...just add my new peacoat.
Easy & Comfy, just how I like it! This pullover is so soft & lightweight I can't help but reach for it constantly! #sugarplumstyle www.liketk.it/239cjPlaid Infinity Scarf | Gray Tunic | Jeans | Tassel-Tie Booties | Watch
Spike Bracelet | Bracelet
The perks of having a teenager home include impromptu day dates! Since I was, of course, already wearing leggings, I jazzed them up a bit with wedge boots and a black jacket. Think I fooled anyone? I felt a little like Sandy in the last scene of Grease. And I liked it. #youretheonethatIwant
Perks of a teenager at home? Impromptu day dates! #builtinsitter #backinelastic #sugarplumstyle @liketoknow.it www.liketk.it/25ppV #liketkitMoto Jacket | Turtleneck Tunic | Favorite Leggings | Boots
Ring | Watch | Earrings | Bracelet
Ohmygosh, what is with me and the oversized tunic top?! I'm craving comfort lately, I guess, and there's not a comfier top than this one.
Last-minute scramble for all the little things today, then it's cooking & cuddling! Happy Christmas Eve Eve! 🎄✨🎅 #sugarplumstyle www.liketk.it/23dzpFunnel-Neck Pullover | Jeans | Booties | Plaid Bag | Bracelet | Watch | Necklace
Except maybe this one. They call the fabric 'Signaturesoft', and since it's a patented, made-up word, they must mean business. But it really is the material of angels. I promptly ordered another 'Signaturesoft' shirt after wearing it once.
Earlier today, before the flash floods & tornado sirens forced us inside! Now it's jammies & Netflix! Be safe, friends!! #sugarplumstyle  www.liketk.it/23DJ6Knit Tunic (similar) | Favorite Leggings | Boots | Plaid Bag
Bracelet | Watch
This 'Signaturesoft' shirt, in fact. My gosh, it's almost like I planned this placement! #sheerluck This hoodie is so comfy, in fact, that I'd worn it to bed the night before! Then in an attempt to make myself feel better for wearing it all the next day, I added boots and a scarf.
I pulled back the blogger-veil & exposed some of my life's truths on the blog today, and I can't thank you guys enough for your overwhelming response! It's hard to share the dark parts of our lives, but such a relief to know we can all relate & aren't alo
Hoodie Top (similar) | Jeans | Bag | Scarf (similar) | Watch | Boots
Between the necklace, shoelaces and bag charm, it was a tassel-trifecta this day.
I don't know if this annoys or excites me, but today's sweater (and pretty much every other one I bought this season) is now an extra 70% off, tonight only! Use code flash....cause it's a flash sale. #iseewhattheydidthere #sugarplumstyle www.liketk.it/25QTunic Sweater (similar) | Jeans | Tassel-Tie Booties | Bag
Bag Tassel | Necklace | Bracelet | Watch
I really should start wearing real pants again. #nah #elasticismybae
Headed to brunch on this cold & sunny day in my winter uniform. Seemed appropriate for the first outfit of the year! 💫🎉❄️ #sugarplumstyle www.liketk.it/24kBW #liketkitTurtleneck Tunic | Favorite Leggings | Bag | Scarf (similar) | Watch | Boots
Leopard Cuff | Bag (similar)
Cheers to pink gingham!
Cheers to making it halfway through the week! 🍷💕 #sugarplumstyle  @liketoknow.it www.liketk.it/25ZG3 #liketkitGingham Shirt | Jeans | Booties | Necklace | Gold-Rimmed Wine Glass
Bracelet | Watch
I got all cutied-up to shoot the fun bar cart post with Wisteria and La Crema, then promptly changed back into my leggings.
When fashion, decor & wine collide! 💯@stephaniedrenka & I shot a fun collaboration with @wisteriahomedecor & @lacremawines today! Can't wait to share it with you later this week! 🍷🎉📦 www.liketk.it/25x5O #sugarplumstyleStriped Top | Floral Midi Skirt | Nude Sandals
Pearl Cluster Necklace | Tassel Charm
I'm surprised my treasured kitten-cardi only made two appearances this go-round, because lawdy knows I've worn the crap out of it! Clearly it was 'comfort first' this month. Or concealing the food baby Santa brought me! I'm pretty much okay with both.
Bundled up for a cold, gray day at the lake...hoping my fave cardi-wrap brings my Frogs some much-needed luck!🐸💜 #tcu #riffram #sugarplumstyle www.liketk.it/24tm3Cardi Wrap | Striped Turtleneck | White Jeans | Rain Boots

I hope these posts inspire you to create new combinations from your closet! The key isn't to have more clothes, but to mix up what you do have in new and different ways. Except these leggings and this coat, you need those. #trustme #enabler
You can catch up with past installments of Sugarplum Style here, or follow my everyday-style outfits on InstaGram. Make sure you're following my Facebook page, too...that's where I post deals, steals, sales and goodies! Happy weekend, lovebugs!
{Weekend sales worth checking out}
Anthropologie // extra 40% off sale with code XTRA40
World Market // up to 50% off Furniture & 25% off lighting and baskets
GAP // up to 70% off Winter Clearance
Old Navy // up to 30% off with code BIGSAVER
Nordstrom // major markdowns on Winter Sale, including up to 40% off Uggs!
Pottery Barn // Buy More, Save More event
P.S. Did you know you don't have to wait for these posts to get my outfit details? Just click that 'Shop My Feed' widget in the sidebar, and it takes you directly to each pic with links to what I'm wearing. #whatwilltheythinkofnext

You Might Also Like

0 yorum