fashion

Work to Weekend | Plaid

04:22

You guys! I spent all of yesterday with a lump in my throat, and occasionally tears in my eyes, by the generosity of your kind comments, texts, and emails! I am so humbled (and a bit relieved!) that you related and liked my emotional dumping in yesterday's 'Doing It All?' post. As humbling as it was to share some of my flaws, I'm thrilled to realize we're all in the same boat!
I won't turn this blog into a mush-pot, but thank you for allowing me to pull back the veil for a moment and share another part of myself. Now let's get back to the colorful posts that include clean hair and brushed teeth!
I'll admit, I tend to reach for jeans and boots this time of year, but that's not exactly work-appropriate. I've always worked in fairly casual office environments, but I still lean towards a more polished, professional style on most days...even Fridays.
For today's post, I took my favorite plaid shirt, and styled it two ways, for {Work & Weekend}.
Hi Sugarplum | Work to Weekend
I snapped these pics a few weeks ago when the weather was milder, so I'll add tights (these are my favorites) and a black cardigan (like this one) when I repeat it. The plaid + spots + leopard is speaking my love language! If a pattern-trifecta is a bit much for you, swap the leopard pumps for black (like these), or the spotted skirt for a solid (like this one).
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendPlaid Blouse (similar & similar) | Skirt (similar) | Bag (similar & similar) | Leopard Pumps
Watch | Tassel Bracelet | Crystal Necklace (similar) | Sunglasses
Hi Sugarplum | Work to Weekend
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendPlaid Blouse (similar & similar) | Skirt (similar) | Bag (similar & similar) Watch | Tassel Bracelet | Crystal Necklace (similar) | Ring (50% off!)
I've had this skirt for a few years (see it worn here), and thanks to the thicker fabric, I'm able to make it work for multi-seasons. The a-line keeps it flattering and office-appropriate, but the pattern gives it personality.
Style Tip: Don't automatically split your wardrobe by Summer and Winter...many items can crossover with the right accessories swap.
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendBag (similar & similar) | Watch | Tassel Bracelet
Hi Sugarplum | Work to Weekend
Hi Sugarplum | Work to Weekend
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendPlaid Blouse (similar & similar) | Skirt (similar) | Bag (similar & similar) | Leopard PumpsWatch | Tassel Bracelet | Ring (50% off!)
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendPlaid Blouse (similar & similar) | Skirt (similar) | Bag (similar & similar) | Leopard PumpsWatch | Tassel Bracelet | Crystal Necklace (similar) | Sunglasses
Now let's mix up the plaid for a fun night out, or casual-Friday work wear. Well, maybe skip the fur vest at the office. #rawr
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendPlaid Blouse (similar & similar) | Jeans | Fur Vest | Hat
Sunglasses | Necklace | Leopard Pumps
A plaid top and jeans is fairly basic on it's own, but paired with fun jewels and shoes, it's definitely kicked up a notch. I used the Power of Three to show how the vest and fringe bag take it to an even more stylish level.
Hi Sugarplum | Work to Weekend
Style Tip: Boots are a definite go-to this time of year, but don't forget your fun heels on the weekend. If the weather allows it, swap your boots for heels on evenings out.
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendPlaid Blouse (similar & similar) | Jeans | Fur Vest | Leopard Pumps | Watch | Tassel Bracelet
Style Tip: If you're on the short petite side like me, go for a narrow cuff on your skinny jeans when paired with heels (if the jeans are too long). A wider cuff will shorten your legs. #ack If wearing a bootcut jean, let it graze the top of your foot.
Hi Sugarplum | Work to Weekend
This vest is courtesy of the darling Jenny Collier at Gray Monroe, and I was blown away by the quality for the price! It looks like there's only a few sizes left, but I found these affordable versions here and here.
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendRing (50% off!) | Earrings | Necklace | Watch | Tassel Bracelet | Sunglasses
Am I turning into the crazy tassel-fringe lady? Maybe. Ask me if I care. #Idont #gimmeallthetassels
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendBag (similar & similar) | Watch | Tassel Bracelet
Hi Sugarplum | Work to Weekend
I prefer my hat brims to have more structure than the one I wore in these pics, so I've since swapped it for this one.
Hi Sugarplum | Work to WeekendPlaid Blouse (similar & similar) | Jeans | Fur Vest | Hat | Sunglasses Necklace | Leopard Pumps | Watch | Tassel Bracelet
Do you have a work-week and weekend wardrobe, or do you mix it all up? What about pattern...are you a one-at-a-time girl, or more-the-merrier?
*Thank you Mary Summers for the photos!

You Might Also Like

0 yorum